1. If there is nothing in the room, it is difficult to comprehend the scale of the room, so even a large space may not be appreciated for its size.
2. Potential buyers will not be able to imagine how the furniture will fit or look like. Unsure people will not proceed to a purchase.
3. If the room is empty, it is natural for any human to concentrate on the negative sides of the house. This is normal human tendency, no one can help it, and also, buying a house is a lifetime investment, so they will notice everything carefully. In such case, the beautifully designed, flowing spaces may also get under-appreciation. The buyers can get stuck with very small detail. For example, “Why all the closets do not have hanging bar and differentiated space?” or “Why window is nearer to the switch panel?” To make them fall in love with your house, it is necessary to keep their focuses away from random thinking about these negligible details.
4. While looking at an empty room, buyers may get distracted by other thoughts, which may not be even related with the house. It is not unlikely to start wondering about previous owners; what happened to them, Why they are selling their house, if the couple is splitting up, or if the family facing financial problems. This may lead them to offer a low price, thinking that the owner is in need. This is definitely not the picture that an owner wants to portray.
5. Finally, it is very important to remember that People do not look for a house, they search for home.
Home staging means showing the best features of a house and distracting people from the negative details. It creates the romantic bridge between the buyer and the house, by establishing an emotional connection. So, keep in mind to make your house more warm and homely by accessorizing it. Make your house a home for the buyers. These added details will make your investment to return with extra profit at the end.