When we are aiming for a particular goal or outcome, it can be tempting to just jump straight into planning and goal setting. But it is important to first create a well formed outcome, so that we know precisely what we are aiming to do, and how to get it.
The following exercise will help you create well formed outcomes for your personal and professional situations. It is useful when thinking about outcomes that are big or small. It can be a detailed process (for example when starting out on establishing a home staging business), or a quick and simple series of questions, depending on your needs and how you use it.
Here are the questions to consider:-
- What do you want?
- How is this different from now?
- How will you know when you have got it? What will you be seeing, hearing, feeling and thinking?
- With whom do you want to experience this outcome?
- Where do you want to experience it and when?
- What are the advantages of getting the outcome?
- What will happen if you get it?
- What will happen if you do not get it?