Amazing plantation shutters can be a huge value add for a client’s property, however, it can also be a huge expense when a professional measures and installs the shutters.
By offering to measure and install plantation shutters for your client, you are saving the client money while still dramatically increasing the sale price of their property.
All plantation shutters are custom made, so, it is important to ensure that you accurately measure the size of the windows prior to ordering the shutters for your client.
At DIYBlinds the USP for PolyLux Shutters are made in 2 weeks in Australia with 20 years manufacturing warranty and a lifetime guarantee to never bleach, blister or peel at an amazing price.
- Tape Measure
The first thing you need to discuss with your clients when measuring for shutters is what style of shutter the client wants: Recess or Face.
Different shutters need to be mounted in different places, so it is important to know what style of shutter the client wants prior to measuring.
Measuring a Recess Fit:
- There must be a 65mm gap for shutters to fit in right.
- Check to make sure there are no angles or winders on the windows. If there are, contact the team at DIYBlinds for assistance.
- Measure inside each window at the top, middle and bottom from left to right. Take the smallest measurement and submit that one.
- Measure inside each window drop down on the left, middle and right. Take the smallest measurement and submit the one.
- Always make sure that the measurements are within 10mm. If they aren’t please contact the team at DIYBlinds for assistance.
Measuring a Face Fit:
- Measure outside each window from the top, middle and bottom from right to left. Take the smallest measurement and submit that one.
- Measure outside each window drop down on the left, middle and right. Take the smallest measurement and submit that one.
- If there is a midrail, measure how far down it is.
- If the window is more than 1.5m high, it will need a midrail. Try to keep it below eye level to allow for an amazing view.
- When measuring for a midrail, measure as if you are measuring for a Recess fit.
- If the window is more than 1.5m long, you will need multiple panels. If you need multiple panels please contact DIYBlinds for assistance.
It is important to have open communication with the client throughout this process so they are happy with the result!
DIYBlinds ship Australia wide with shipping prices depending on postcode.
Make sure you check out DIYBlinds’ Check Measure Service and the DIY installation manual!
Ensuring that the shutters fit perfectly comes down to the measuring so it is imperative that this is done with utmost care for your clients.