Being an in demand home stager can be great, but it can also be rather overwhelming. No one wants to be stretched too thin, because understandably you don’t want to let your clients down and not deliver. So it’s at this stage when the work becomes too much, that you need to make sure you’re marketing your business correctly. The best way to do this is by establishing a relationship with an estate agent. By doing so, they can stream their sellers directly to you and you can have a consistent and regular work flow, without getting overwhelmed! So how can you make this happen?
- Research potential agents. See what their market share is, the type of properties they sell, the suburbs they sell in and their current use of home staging.
- Put together a presentation for your ideal agent to showcase your work and your statistics.
- Negotiate what your relationship with them and their clients may look like.
- Set up a kick off meeting.
- Start working on your first property or project together.
Depending on the agent, the relationship you are able to establish and their current openness to staging, this can take some time. So rather than wait until you have some down time to take action, run with the rush, market during your busy times and you will rarely experience a lull in business.