When we are all under the pump and stretched to your limit to meet our clients needs, it is rare for you to think of taking on more work. It is at this time that many business owners actually fear more work as they don’t want to let clients down, or not be able to deliver. But it is at this stage that marketing your business is so important.
When it comes to establishing relationships with an agent so that they can then stream their work your way the process can in some cases be lengthy.
Here is how it may play out…..
- Contact from an agent
- Researching the agent to see what their market share is, the type of properties they sell, the suburbs they sell in if applicable and their current use of staging.
- Putting together a presentation for them to showcase your work and your statistics.
- Negotiating what your relationship with them and their clients may look like.
- Setting up a kick off meeting.
- Start working on your first property or project together.
Depending on the agent, the relationship you are able to establish and their current openness to staging this can take some time, so rather than wait until you have some “down time” to take action, run with the rush, market during your busy times and you will rarely experience a lull in business.