It is inevitable that before you sell your property you will have to do some bits and bobs around the house.
Renovating your bathroom ready for sale can get quite expensive quickly so it is important to figure out what you should be investing in.
Your bathroom could make or break how fast and how much your property sells for. So, what should you invest your money in to and what should you skip when renovating?
Here’s 6 must-do’s that should be on your list:
- Ensure that the toilet is in complete working order – it’s a must! This is something that will start being used as soon as the new owners move in so it is absolutely essential. If the toilet bowl is cracked, leaking, wobbly or looks old then it is time to replace it for the market. No one wants to buy a house with a toilet that looks gross or broken so it is of utmost importance to fix this up right away!
2. Make sure all taps are working correctly. Fix any leaks or loose handles before you put your property on the market. The good thing about this is that it can be done in half an hour at a reasonably low price! Don’t stress if the hot and cold labels are mixed up or the wrong way around. This is common and not difficult to figure out.
3. Ensure that all drawers in the vanity and bathroom area are in working order. Focus on making sure they are clean, and open and close smoothly.
4. Fix any cracked, chipped or mouldy tiles. As most bathrooms have tiles on the floor and walls, it is absolutely essential that the tiles look clean and new.
5. Ensuring that all plumbing is in working order. If your plumbing looks dodgy or doesn’t work properly, your property will probably not get the price it deserves on the market.
6. Fix any lights that are hanging out of their socket. Not only is this a hazard but it also makes the bathroom look neglected. Installing new lights in this instance is essential.
While your bathroom may only be a small part of your property, it is an area that is used everyday and therefore needs to be presented well when you go to market.